Summer’s almost over and we’ll all soon be able to go outside without needing to towel off every 30 seconds, so let’s make the most of the perfect weather by hitting up some theme parks and challenging our stomachs to hold on to their contents!
Rather than simply bringing you a collection of photographs and telling you how much fun these coasters are, we decided to hunt down some videos to really show them off. As it turns out, there was one roller coaster authority that had managed to hit every single ride on our list, taking high-quality videos not just of the rides in action but from the very front seat, too. Credit has to go to the roller coaster aficionados at Theme Park Review both for taking these videos and for seemingly having one of the best jobs in the world ever.
- 1. Dodonpa Fuji-Q Highland Amusement Park, Yamanashi Prefecture
Although incredibly fast, and at one point the fastest coaster in the world at 172 kilometres per hour (107 mph), the reason so many thrill-seekers travel from all over the world to ride Dodonpa is to experience its brain-mushingly fast acceleration, hitting top speed in just 1.8 seconds. Not bad for a roller coaster built nearly 12 years ago!
- 2. Takabisha Fuji-Q Highland, Yamanashi Prefecture
- 3. Thunder Dolphin Tokyo Dome City, Tokyo
- 4. Diavlo Himeji Central Park, Hyōgo Prefecture
- 5. Hollywood Dream - The Ride Universal Studios Japan, Osaka
- 6. White Cyclone Nagashima Spa Land, Mie Prefecture
- 7. Eejanaika Fuji-Q Highland, Yamanashi Prefecture
- 8. Venus GP Space World, Fukuoka Prefecture
- 9. Bandit Yomiuri Land, Tokyo
- 10. Steel Dragon 2000 Nagashima Spa Land, Mie Prefecture